Kids may grow incredibly fast, but don't let their growth spurts interfere with a budding love of biking! A too-small frame, while incredibly uncomfortable, can also cause safety issues; however, upgrading frequently can be pricey. The Trek Trade-Up program addresses both sides of the coin--we subsidize the cost of bigger bikes as your child needs them, so your young one can always ride the perfect size.
How it Works
The Trade-Up program is easy! Simply purchase a new Trek kid's bike (12" or larger) from Towpath Bike, enjoy the bike, and bring it back within three years of the purchase date. Our mechanics will go over the bike, and we'll give you up to 50% of your original purchase price as a credit on the next size up. Repeat the process as your child grows--you'll continue to benefit from the program up to your child's first adult-size bike.
- This program applies to any NEW Trek kid’s bicycle (12”, 16”, 20” and 24” wheels) purchased at Towpath Bike. The program does not include accessories, trailers, or tag-alongs.
- Customers have three years from the date of purchase to trade up to the next kids bike or first adult bicycle. Original receipt or electronic confirmation will be used to check ownership and purchase price.
- The trade-in value is up to 50% of the original bike's purchase price.The bike will be examined by a qualified mechanic and the value of the trade-in will be determined based on the bicycle’s current condition.
Pre-Owned Bicycle Sales
- Used bikes purchased from us are not eligible for the trade-up program.
- Pre-owned models are approved for resale by a certified Towpath Bike technician.
- All of our pre-owned models are sold as-is and do not include any additional warranty.
- All sales on pre-owned bikes are final.